v2.0 with Techcrunch Meetup
You can’t predict the future, but somehow we just did, well an easy one this time. More than 94 people with most of them from the web industry, came to the #StartupLokal meetup v2.0. We even have participants from outside Jakarta and even outside the country(Creately Founder and the director of TokoBagus)
Held at the same time with #TechCrunch MeetUp at Oh La La Cafe – Thamrin, participants were entertained with more knowledge about the startup world.
Second session, we’re lucky to have these startups who have participated in the Echelon 2010 to share their experiences there, we have:
- Tata from Scraplr.com – shared his experience on what happened when he was pitching there, which he came to difficulties such as lack of preparation, no rehearsal, no backup, and language barrier.
- Satya Witoelar from Koprol.com – shared information about Koprol acquisition by Yahoo!
- William Tanuwijaya from Tokopedia.com – shared about how to get investment from VC(Venture Capitalist), and said that educating market is very expensive, focus on products and services.
- Philippe Do from KrazyMarket.com – shared that it’s important and recommended to attend Echelon for startups, a great experience and networking time.
- Selina Limman from Urbanesia.com – shared tips on how to be well prepared in Echelon next year. We have to believe in our product, know the product well, and able to communicate it.
Third Session, Charanjit Singh from Creately shared his experiences in startups scene. Positioning and knowing your customer is the key!
Leonard from AdMob shared about le ads and its potential. For mobile internet traffic in Indonesia, Nokia is still No.1, while Blackberry No.5. And for provider, Indosat No.1, followed by Telkomsel. Android traffic is quite promising, 100% increase per month!
To sum it up, it was a blast and we had a great feedbacks and even congratulations from the participants. Limited space and facility, yes, but the content? Superb! Looking forward to the next meetup, shall we?
credit: Nuniek’s blog